Saturday 5 November 2011

Preliminary task: proposal

My magazine is aimed at South Downs College students at age range of 16-18 year olds, and this issue will be about, how to revise, exam tips and resources.
My cover lines are going to include such things as:
-Are some foods better than others for revising?
-How much sleep should I be getting?
-The best 10 ways for revising
-The best hints and tips for exams
-How time should you revise for?
-Pull out revision schedule
-Get the balance right between work and play!


I chose MYsdc as it’s almost like a logo, simple, easy to read and easily identifiable.  I want to give my magazine an up-to-date design, which would make students pick it up and read. The reason why I put MY in capital letters is so that it emphasizes the fact that it Is about the students and helping them with their questions, which all links to south downs college, by sdc, so that they know that all the information included will be relevant to them, such as exam times etc.

The fonts that I will use will all be fuss free, bold and simple, so that it’s very eye catching, and doesn’t take effort to read.
The masthead is in the font named MV Boli
The cover lines will be in bold and italic for headings and descriptions, so that it’s clear and easy to read and will be in the font:  Comic Sans MS. The colours will be in yellows pinks purples and blues, so they tie in with the theme, of being bold, clear and fresh.

The masthead will be in purple as it will tie in the image by the purple jumper, the blues created by the light and carpet, and the purples and pinks in the feature light.
I have rejected titles such as;
·       South Downs, my South Downs College, South Downs magazine, SDC – because I felt some were too long, o impersonal that didn’t connect with the reader.

My magazine will be A4 portrait and my chosen image will take up the whole page. I have chosen A4 as its not too big, so they can easily put it in their bag and not take up space, also if I made it smaller it would make it harder to read, and take away the whole fresh look to the magazine.

I would have this magazine released seasonal, so that it covers important and relevant information that the students will want and need to know for the season to come.

On the contents page, my colours and fonts are going to be continued throughout, so it will be clear and tidy, and Im going to include little images from pages in the magazine to make them want to read on, and know what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment